Thursday 28 July 2016

I will continue to speak out till Dogara is removed - Jibrin.

 Abdulmumin Jibrin has revealed why he is just speaking out against Speaker Yakubu Dogara over alleged 2016 budget fraud.

Abdulmumin Jibrin, the former chairman of Appropriations Committee of the House of Representatives, has revealed why he is just speaking out, following alleged fraud in the budget padding scandal. Jibrin who has continued to accuse Speaker Yakubu Dogara of the substantial fraud, said he has decided to speak out now so that in 2019 only corrupt free people will serve in the House,
Premium Times reports. Jibrin said: “For those who keep saying why now, (they) should realize that for every situation like this to occur, there must be a trigger however it looks. “I woke up mid night yesterday to pray and suddenly realized I have become an accidental activist. This is noble and there is no going back. “I am a product of the establishment but something in me has never been comfortable. I’m so glad that by September 9th my 40th birthday everybody would have known where I stand for the rest of my life; rural agriculture and fight against corruption especially in the NASS.”
In his statement on Thursday, July 28, Jibrin noted that he would continue to make daily allegation of fraud and abuse of office against Dogara and his other ex-colleagues until “law catches up with them”.
Abdulmumin Jibrin has revealed why he is just speaking out against Speaker Yakubu Dogara over alleged 2016 budget fraud. Jibrin also raised another allegation that Dogara diverted a federal water project to his farm in Nasarawa state. According to him, he will continue to speak out until Dogara and other principal officers are removed. He said: “When a new Speaker emerges and the other principal officers replaced, I will write to the presiding officers of both chambers to commence a radical internal reform in the entire NASS beyond budget to cover performance assessment, running cost and allowances, investigations, etc. “If the reform so done on NASS is not made public latest by December, I shall take it up and lay before the general public even if I am alone. “The idea is to do a cleanup, flush out corruption and corrupt members so that in 2019 only corrupt free people who want to serve will come in. “God Almighty knows I am not perfect but as I approach 40 years in September, I have always wondered what is it that I can live and die for.”
Last week, Jibrin accused Dogara, Deputy Speaker Yusuff Lasun, Chief Whip Ado Doguwa and Minority Leader Leo Ogor of asking him to allocate to them N40 billion of the N100 billion allocation for members’ constituency projects. Days after, Vanguard obtained documents to show that the legislators padded the 2016 budget to the tune of N481 billion. The documents also showed that apart from padding the budget with the huge sum, forcing the presidency to raise alarm over it, NASS also individually jerked the votes meant for constituency projects from N60 billion to N100 billion.

No comments:

Post a Comment